Buying a your 1st new home is a dream for many people. Why not take advantage of funding that may be available to you to make your dream come true.
In many municipal cities throughout South Florida, there are funding available to help you down payment and closing cost through state funding as well through private organizations.
Florida Housing administers the State Housing Initiatives Partnership program (SHIP), which provides funds to local governments as an incentive to create partnerships that produce and preserve affordable homeownership and multifamily housing. The program was designed to serve very low, low and moderate income families.
Florida Housing’s First Time Homebuyer (FTHB) Program offers 30-year fixed rate FIRST mortgage loans to first time homebuyers through participating lenders and lending institutions. However, if you are not a first time homebuyer, you may still be eligible if you are purchasing a home in a federally designated targeted area or are a qualified Veteran. This Program uses income and purchase price limits to determine eligibility. Additionally, a potential homebuyer must complete a 6-8 hour face to face homebuyer education class, be able to qualify for a first mortgage loan, and have a minimum 640 FICO score. To determine if you qualify to participate, please contact a loan officer from the list of approved loan officers. They will be able to determine if you qualify to participate in the First Time Homebuyer Program and can assist you with any questions you may have specific to your credit history. Currently offering up to $7,500 in assistance.
The City of Miami Gardens has funding. The funds for down payment assistance is up to $20,000.00, $ 10,000.00 in a form of a forgivable loan the other $ 10,000.00 is repayable at $27.78 a month for 30 year interest free. The program is designed for 1st time home buyers purchasing a property in the city of Miami Gardens.
The City of Coconut Creek’s First-Time Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program is designed to provide up to $40,000 for down payment, closing cost, principal reduction, rehabilitation and/or other costs associated with purchasing a new or existing eligible home. Applicants are assisted on a first-come, first-qualified, and first-served basis within income groups.
There are some funds available for purchase assistance under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) for qualified applicants in the low income category. Please follow the link below to access the Income Chart Qualifier which can be used to determine your clients’ income category.
The City’s First Time Homebuyer program provides zero percent (0%) deferred loans to first-time homebuyers purchasing a property in the City of Miami. The buyer selects their own eligible property to purchase and meets with one of the participating lenders to be pre-qualified for a mortgage loan. The City of Miami underwrites the loan based on the first mortgage lender’s commitment. The City only accepts applications from participating lenders and they are processed on a first-come, first-ready, first-serve basis. Click here for an application.
The City of Pembroke Pines wants to help you get into your dream home. Up to 140,000 in purchase closing costs to eligible households under the Neighborhood Stablization Program.
Click here to view information about the Open House
he HAP loan provide down payment and/ or closing costs assistance via a 0%interest, non-amortized (no payment), mortgage loan. The HAP loan is forgiven after 10 years of owner occupancy without doing a cash-out refinance. Assistance is provided based on availability of funds on an as-needed basis that are subject to change with prior approved lenders notification. In person homebuyer education is required via a MDEAT and HUD approved Housing Counseling Agency. (See website or contact MDEAT).
- For Households at or below 80% of the adjusted gross median income (AGI) for Miami-Dade County (see Income Limits & Allowable Financing chart) – Maximum assistance is the lower of 10.00% of the property purchase price or $7,250.00 (amended 4/01/14 *).
- For Households above 80% of the adjusted gross median income for Miami-Dade County (see the Income Limits & Allowable Financing chart) – Maximum assistance is the lower of 4.00% of the property purchase price or $4,750.00 (amended 4/01/14 *).
(Ask a HAP approved lender for complete requirements & details)
- Must reside in Miami-Dade County (at time of application w/ approved lender);
- Be a First-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the previous three years;
- Annual household income cannot exceed 140% of county median income, adjusted for family size.
- Must contribute at least 1% of sales price (income 100% or less of adjusted median) or 3% of sales price (income 100.01-140% of adjusted median) from your own funds.
- Must get approved financing thru a HAP approved loan officer & lending institution.